PUSH Ministries has created a column related to the importance of physical activity and taking care of our body and mind. Various topics will be highlighted including body, mind and nutrition.
Do you not know that your bodies are temples of the holy spirit, who is in you, whom you have received from God? You are not your own, you were bought at a price. Therefore, honor God with your bodies. 1 Corinthians 6:1920
If exercise could be put in a pill it would be the number one antiaging and the number one antidepression medicine. Mayo Clinic
The health benefits of regular exercise and physical activity are hard to ignore. And the benefits of exercise are yours for the taking, regardless of your age, sex or physical ability. The following are just a few of the benefits:
- Exercise boosts energy – Regular physical activity can improve your muscle strength and boost your endurance.
- Exercise combats health conditions and diseases – Regular physical activity can help you prevent or manage a wide range of health problems and concerns, including stroke, metabolic syndrome, type 2 diabetes, depression, certain types of cancer, arthritis and falls.
- Exercise controls weight – Exercise can help prevent excess weight gain or help maintain weight loss. When you engage in physical activity, you burn calories. The more intense the activity the more calories you burn.
- Exercise improves mood – Physical activity stimulates various brain chemicals that may leave you feeling happier and more relaxed.
- Exercise promotes better sleep – Regular physical activity can help you fall asleep faster and deepen your sleep.
- Exercise can be fun – Exercise and physical activity can be a fun way to spend some time. It can also help you connect with family or friends in a fun social setting.
Exercise and physical activity are a great way to feel better, gain health benefits and have fun. As a general goal, aim for at least 30 minutes of physical activity every day. If you want to lose weight or meet specific fitness goals, you may need to exercise more.
I am and continue to be a strong advocate of physical activity. For over 25 years I have personally benefited from consistent training. I have also witnessed many testimonials to the miracles exercise can create for individuals in the areas of health and wellness in my experience as a fitness trainer.
Stay fit and God Bless!*P.U.S.H. Ministries recommends you consult with your doctor before starting any exercise program.